Saturday, September 02, 2006

Lightness of Being

So I survived my weekend snorkelling trip a fortnight ago.

By allowing only raw food, ginger tea, and distilled water into my system I have cured myself in two days instead of the normal four to five days. Okay I did cheat a little, I went to have massage.

Chinese medicine stipulates Qi as the vital energy that goes round one's body and if this Qi is blocked or become stagnant, sickness sets in. I deduce that since my Qi is stagnant I would need some unblocking to do. A bit like a jammed sewer. Hence I dragged myself to the nearest massage parlour down the hill from my apartment despite the embarassingly drippy nose.

The masseuse lady did a wonderful oily balinese massage to me. It was great. But it was the following day's massage, where I opted for a shiatsu, that I felt all traffic jams in my system were finally cleared. It felt like green lights all the way to manhattan. I felt light as a spring chicken, ready to make little hops and run around in circles. In fact I felt as if I was ready to fly.

Fly I did not. But run I did, for I was running late for the 7.15pm meeting time at the Queen Street bus terminal.

Hence my very own personal recipes to cure a common cold:
1. Eat only raw vegetables and fruit. No soup no porridge.
2. Drink ginger tea sweetened with honey throughout the day.
3. When not drinking ginger tea, drink distilled water.
4. Pop vit c pills like there is no tomorrow.
5. Switch off the air conditioner, wear a scarf around your neck and sweat it all out.
6. Sleep like a pig, if you can.
7. Go for that massage/ reflexology until you feel well.

I know. It definitely costs more than those over the counter cold relief pills. But at least you are not shortchanging your body in the long term.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counters
Sony Vaio Notebooks