Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Trolls and Ghouls' Night Out

While the trolls and the ghouls were out on Halloween weekend night painting the club scenes red, there I was in my room packing my day bag and preparing for bed. Halloween weekend should mean a night out partying. Call me lazy but I couldn't give a damn. I'll trade a night out painting the town red in second-hand smoke galore with fresh ocean air anytime.

I had envisioned a quiet (okay: boring) Sunday ahead. Robby is in Bali, stranded in a deserted nusa dua beach. My mates were all up surfing since Friday. I thought I could just live out my Sunday in peace. But I had to be honest to myself.

So after waving innocent goodbyes to my mom and bro being whizzed away in a cab to the airport at the gates at 5.30AM, I quickly changed and by 6AM whizzed away in Keith's car. As we drove past the streets we saw the ghouls and trolls from last night, looking exhausted from all those fumigation; their horns crooked, their wings lopsided.

It was strange that as their days ended ours had just begun. I felt smugly superior that while they will spend their Sunday recuperating, I will be in the ocean riding waves. But I bet they don't give a damn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counters
Sony Vaio Notebooks